FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When is The Boathouse open?
- April – October:
- Saturdays 10 AM – 6 PM
- Sundays 10 AM – 6 PM
- Jam at the Dam Fridays
- The Boathouse is closed during the off season (October-March) except for special events.
- April – October:
- What food and drink do you have?
- We offer packaged snacks (think crackers, cookies), soft drinks (Coke products), and local beer. All of our beer on tap is sourced from the Catawba River.
- For special events, food trucks may be on site.
- What is Blue Heron Adventures?
- Blue Heron Adventures encompasses all of Catawba Riverkeeper’s recreation programs. We offer multiple paddling experiences plus hikes that take you around the Catawba-Wateree River Basin. Proceeds from kayak rentals, guided tours, and lessons support Catawba Riverkeeper’s mission to protect our local waterways.
- Are you affiliated with Carolina Thread Trail?
- While we work closely with Carolina Thread Trail and Catawba Lands Conservancy, we are separate nonprofits. Learn more about what they do and about other trails in the region at carolinathreadtrail.org.
- Do you host private events?
- Email email@example.com to start a conversation about your private event.
- Can I bring my dog?
- The Boathouse is dog and kid friendly.
SOUTH FORK RAPIDS Tours FAQ
- Do I need to have kayaking experience?
- No, but you should be comfortable on the water. You might fall out of your boat.
- What should I wear?
- Clothes and shoes you can get wet. Wear shoes with a heel strap – not flip flops. We recommend bringing a change of dry clothes for when you get off the water.
- What should I bring?
- A towel, hat, sunscreen, dry bag, and water bottle. There are no lockers at The Boathouse. You’ll need to stow your belongings in your car. If you bring phone/keys/wallet on the water, we strongly recommend keeping those items in a dry bag. You can buy a Catawba Riverkeeper dry bag in The Boathouse store.
- How old do I have be to participate?
- Participants in the South Fork Rapids Tours must be 12 years or older. Check out Catawba Riverkeeper’s kayaking experiences for younger guests at blueheronadventures.org.
- Do you provide shuttle service if I have my own boat?
- Not at this time.
Send us an email or give us a call at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-215-0451.
115 Willow Drive, McAdenville, NC 28101