FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When is The Boathouse open?
- The Boathouse is closed during the off season (November-April) except for special events.
- April – October:
- Saturdays 10 AM -6 PM
- Sundays 10 AM – 6 PM
- What food and drink do you have?
- We offer packaged snacks (think crackers, cookies), soft drinks (Coke products), and local beer. All of our beer on tap is sourced from the Catawba River.
- For special events, food trucks may be on site.
- Are you affiliated with Carolina Thread Trail?
- While we work closely with Carolina Thread Trail and Catawba Lands Conservancy, we are separate nonprofits. Learn more about what they do and about other trails in the region at carolinathreadtrail.org.
- Do you host private events?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to start a conversation about your private event.
- Can I bring my dog?
- The Boathouse is dog and kid friendly.
Half Day Guided Tours FAQ
- Do I need to have kayaking experience?
- No, but you should be comfortable on the water. You might fall out of your boat.
- What should I wear?
- Clothes and shoes you can get wet. Wear shoes with a heel strap – not flip flops. We recommend bringing a change of dry clothes for when you get off the water.
- What should I bring?
- A towel, hat, sunscreen, dry bag, and water bottle. There are no lockers at The Boathouse. You’ll need to stow your belongings in your car. If you bring phone/keys/wallet on the water, we strongly recommend keeping those items in a dry bag. You can buy a Catawba Riverkeeper dry bag in The Boathouse store.
- How old do I have be to participate?
- Do you provide shuttle service if I have my own boat?
- Yes, if staff is available, and only Saturdays and Sundays at 10 AM. Email email@example.com to reserve shuttle space. Shuttle fee is $25.
Send us an email or give us a call.
115 Willow Drive, McAdenville, NC 28101